Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BrummellBlog JournalClub

Welcome to Martin Brummell's new blog, my Journal Club. This does not replace BrummellBlog, this provides a space for me to post about the peer-reviewed scientific articles I'm reading, for two purposes.

1. So that others can comment. Really, if you've read the same paper as I, or (hope springs eternal) are an author of one of these papers, or if you just take issue with something I've said, please comment. I find I get a great benefit from discussing the papers I've read, and this blog exists to foster that kind of discussion.

2. So I can organize my thoughts about the literature I'm reading in a manner distinct from that of a traditional bibliography. I plan to take advantage of Blogger's software features such as labels to help with this. While my on-harddrive annotated bibliography is useful to me as is, in its alphabetical-by-author-name format in MS Word, I think the features of a blog format will allow some interesting re-examination of the papers I read.

Most of the posts here will simply be copy-pasted from my annotated bibliography as I make entries there. Since I started my annotated bibliography a little less than a year ago, I've entered 167 papers with my commentary. I've always written it in complete-sentences, semi-formal style, so that's what will appear here. Not everything I read will appear here, and I don't think I'll be pulling much from the back library; this will be almost exclusively for stuff I read from now on.

No comments: